If you prefer not to blunder around your bedroom in the dark, would like to have a book handy for some nighttime reading, or have your alarm clock close at hand, strategically placed nightstands in your bedroom are the answer.
Advantages of Nightstands
Nightstands, besides being stylish and adding to your bedroom décor, are practical and serviceable. Their primary function is to make your bedroom, which is supposed to be the most relaxing room in your home, more comfortable.
Nightstands are designed to accentuate your room not define it, and they are best placed on either side of your bed. Here they serve the purpose of keeping a night lamp, an alarm clock, a book, or your TV remote handy.
They are also a great option for children, as a lamp placed on one beside their bed can prevent them from waking up and roaming around in the dark, adding to their security and peace of mind.
Nightstands come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so you can always be sure to find one that matches and augments your décor. In addition, some nightstands provide you with added storage space in the form of drawers, open shelves, and cabinets.
Things to Keep in Mind When Buying a Night Stand
- Make sure the nightstand you plan to invest in is sturdy. Check the legs, drawers, and doors. The legs should hold firm even underweight or mild pressure. Drawers and doors should slide open and close smoothly.
- Ascertain the quality of the material the nightstand is made of. Check the strength of the joints and seams. Inspect the underside of wood nightstands to make certain that sealants are present to protect from humidity and warping.
- Properly examine the finish of the nightstand. For metal nightstands, make sure there are no sharp edges sticking out that might injure you or your family. For wooden nightstands, make sure the whole nightstand has been properly varnished. This should be especially true of the surface area on the top, as this is the region most susceptible to damage through use.
- For your nightstand to meet your requirements, pick one that will provide you with the storage and surface area you require.
- Choose a nightstand in the same style as your existing décor.
Purchasing the Perfect Night Stand
- Measure the area in which you want to place your nightstand before you shop for it. In addition, make a note of the height of your bed, so you can be sure that your nightstand and bed will complement each other when side-by-side.
- Decide on what exactly you’re looking for in a nightstand. Do you just want surface area? Or do you require storage space? Once you determine your criteria, your search will become far simpler.
- Consider whether you will require a nightstand or two. This decision will depend on the size of your bedroom and the width of your bed. Should you share your bedroom with someone, decide on a nightstand that will suit both your needs.
- Nightstands come in a variety of styles, and it is important to choose one that will not clash with your décor. For example, if you’ve gone with a traditional look for your bedroom, stick to traditionally designed nightstands to maintain the harmony of the room.
The right nightstand can enhance the comfort and serenity of your bedroom, making it a place you won’t want to leave. All you need to do in order to find the right nightstand for you is to remember a few key pointers – your existing décor, your essential requirements, and the advantages a nightstand will offer you.
5 Creative Way To Decorate A Nightstand For The Guest Room
People always tend to lay more focus on the usual settings of a room. Like the way, they should be aligning the bed so as to increase space or what kind of sofas should be placed there to match the look.
Thinking about all these things, we usually tend to neglect the nightstand table which can also be styled using some creative ways. This will definitely add to the overall look of your guest room.
Some Of The Creative Ways To Decorate Your Nightstand For The Guest Room
1. Try Some Odd Numbers
You can add some décor pieces to your nightstand which are odd in number. This is going to amp up the complete look of your nightstand table in a very unusual way.
2. Bring Variation To Style
Try creating a sense of variation in the look of your nightstand. For instance, you can place different sizes of items on the nightstand. Like some books, some ceramic pot, some small ceramic figures along with a little big showpiece. Variate the sizes to create a different look.
3. Decorate It Using A Theme
You can think of a theme that matches the essence of your guest room. You can go forward to create a kind of theme. It can be monochromatic by placing different types of items that are all same in color. Create a vintage theme by placing some vintage flavored things. Maintaining a theme for your nightstand will be quite satisfying for you and your guests.
4. Bring In A Little Texture
Add some personality and a series of interesting things to your nightstand to bring out some mixed textures. You can place some fresh flowers with a matching lamp, some old books, some artificial seashells, or anything of that sort. Adding textures would be quite interesting.
5. Balance Out The Look Of The Nightstand
It is not sensible to keep adding all the heavy stuff. If you have a big lamp placed on the nightstand, then you should balance out the look by placing some smaller items. Remember, balancing is very important in decoration.